Translate

Monday, August 5, 2013

Islamic Call for Prayer - Ben Youcef

Adhan, the Islamic call for prayer by Ben Youcef. He is an actor who has had roles in Law & Order and Munich. This was done at an interfaith meeting, but you can usually find him on the King Fahad Mosque in Culver city, California  doing the Adhan 3 times a week.

Read the rest of his biography that I nabbed from his website.

"I was born in Algiers on The Mediterranean Coast into a family of 7 children. Fighting for attention among my brothers and sisters was probably where my acting career really began. Throughout my life I've been exposed to many cultures. My father was an Algerian diplomat stationed in Saudi Arabia for much of my childhood. I moved to London for University where I studied Business with a minor in Theatre. Before moving to Los Angeles I spent two years modeling for leading magazines and advertisers in NYC.

My objective as an actor is to bring a new understanding of the Middle Eastern culture to the rest of the world. My life integrates the Islamic spirit with modern energy. I still retain an almost naive way of seeing the world that comes from a truthful place of a kid that was me."

- Ben Youcef
To read the rest of his story and reviews, go here...

No comments:

Post a Comment