Translate

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Message - The Movie about the Beginnings of Islam

The Message is an islamic movie about Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) and the history of Islam. I remember seeing this movie when I was very young. This movie was done in the 70s and  directed by Moustapha Akkad, who was a Syrian American Movie producer and director, and he also produced the Halloween Series and Lion of the Dessert. Sadly, he died in 2005 along with his daughter by a suicide bomber in Jordan, he was 75 at the time.May Allah grant both him and his daughter Jannah!
Moustapha Akkad
He saw this film as a way to bridge the gap between the west and the islamic world. He said this in an interview in 1976:
"I did the film because it is a personal thing for me. Besides its production values as a film, it has its story, its intrigue, its drama. Beside all this I think there was something personal, being Muslim myself who lived in the west I felt that it was my obligation my duty to tell the truth about Islam. It is a religion that has a 700 million following, yet it's so little known about it which surprised me. I thought I should tell the story that will bring this bridge, this gap to the west."

The movie below is based on a true story of the prophet, his image is not shown and neither is Sayedna Ali's image. Its kinda weird watching a movie without seeing the main character, but they pulled it off very well. Popcorn anyone?


The Message Part 1

The Message Part 2

The Message Part 3

The Message Part 4

The Message Part 5

The Message Part 6
Interesting story of how the Adhan came about.
The Message Part 7

The Message Part 8

The Message Part 9

The Message Part 10

The Message Part 11

The Message Part 12
I think they need to do another version of this movie with the latest technologies they have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment